Saturday 24 January 2009

The first gig of 2009...Shinedown in Brum

shinedown 003


Last Thursday I finally got to shoot my first live action of 2009 when the excellent Shinedown played the Barfly. I was reviewing and photographing the gig for Birmingham Live, and it should go online soon. The band were excellent, and I got some pleasing shots.


shinedown 099
shinedown 088shinedown 071


Shinedown are massive over in America, but not especially well-known here in the UK. This gig was part of their first ever headline tour outside of their homeland, and they really showed what a class act they are with a great show.


shinedown 044
shinedown 066
shinedown 122


If you've been on my blog before then you may remember the name Shinedown from last October, when I shot them at the Academy when they supported Disturbed. You can find my pics from last time right here. You'll also notice that the band has lost one of its guitarists since I last saw them, but they are just as effective as a four-piece.


shinedown 046shinedown 053
shinedown 125


Don't be surprised if Shinedown start to become bigger over here this year, they're getting plenty of good press and their albums are excellent. On top of that, they're also a terrific live band.


shinedown 077
shinedown 060shinedown 036


Here's a few more pics for you all...


shinedown 058
shinedown 083


...and some more...


shinedown 102shinedown 057
shinedown 114


...and some more, check out the mad eyes!


shinedown 042
shinedown 128shinedown 016


That's it for this one. I'm hopefully going to be shooting some great bands over the next few weeks, so don't forget to keep checking back here to stay up to date with what I'm photographing. Thanks for reading, see you next time.


shinedown 001

No comments: