Wednesday 12 November 2008

Alter Bridge rock Wolverhampton

alter-bridge-050


Last night I headed to Wolverhampton Civic Hall to photograph one of my favourite bands in the whole world - the amazing Alter Bridge. I was covering the gig for Birmingham Live, and you can find my review right here. First up were Scottish five-piece Logan, a band I know and respect.


logan-015
logan-014logan-007


The band are great to watch, but what makes them stand out is the vocal talents of singer Kenny Collins - this guy has one hell of a voice.


logan-025logan-023
logan-042


I actually interview Logan for Powerplay Magazine back in the summer of 2006 in Nottingham, and I just don't understand how they are still unsigned. They deserve to much bigger than they are, and they are one of the best live bands you could ever wish to see. Oh, on this next pic, the two guys are brothers - there's not a mirror on stage!


logan-009
logan-034logan-001


The guys just keep on getting tighter as a live band, and it was great to be able to see them again having missed out on their UK tour in July.


logan-018logan-037
logan-019


Logan are a great band, I urge you to check them out if you're into grunge or melodic hard rock - support talented British unsigned bands!


logan-035
logan-043


Then it was onto the main event, Alter Bridge - easily one of my top five bands of all time. I've seen them play seven times now, and they just keep getting better each time round!


alter-bridge-027
alter-bridge-008alter-bridge-039


Alter Bridge's frontman, Myles Kennedy, is one of the best singers you will ever hear (he's also a damn fine guitarist) and, as usual, his performance was excellent. Myles has been suggested as a possible singer for Led Zep if Robert Plant doesn't want to reform, which would be pretty interesting. He could easily pull it off, I just hope that, were it to happen, it wouldn't halt the progress of Alter Bridge. Anyway, here's some shots of Myles.


alter-bridge-009alter-bridge-032
alter-bridge-072


On lead guitar is one hell of a player - Mr Mark Tremonti, a guy who can shred with the best of them, and who really knows how to write some amazing riffs. A very nice bloke as well!


alter-bridge-073
alter-bridge-007alter-bridge-010


On bass, another top guy - Brian Marshall. While I was still at uni, I interviewed him for my radio show, creating a general knowledge quiz especially for him. He scored a mighty 7 out of 20 and was highly entertaining throughout. Oh, and he's an awesome bassist as well.


alter-bridge-023alter-bridge-066
alter-bridge-063


The band is completed by Scott Phillips on drums, but he was too far away for me to get any shots of him. As I've already said, Alter Bridge live are amazing, and last night was no exception. In simple terms, they totally rocked.


alter-bridge-025
alter-bridge-062alter-bridge-042


Last time Alter Bridge were over here, in January, I was lucky enough to go backstage pre-show and photograph the guys as they chilled out and warmed up. It was a brilliant experience and I can't thank them enough for letting me do it. you can see some of my pics from then on the third page of this gallery here. Here's some more live stuff.


alter-bridge-036alter-bridge-053
alter-bridge-026


One of the highlights from the set was the reception that followed "Blackbird" - i don't think I've ever heard that much applause at the end of a mid-set song in my life, and they completely deserved it. It is definitely one of their best numbers.


alter-bridge-046
alter-bridge-044alter-bridge-055


OK, I'm running out of new things to type here, but you get the idea...Alter Bridge are AWESOME!


alter-bridge-068alter-bridge-070
alter-bridge-018


I know you want to see more, so here you go...check Myles' rock face in this next one.


alter-bridge-033
alter-bridge-037alter-bridge-017


Still here? Well done! Your reward for getting this far down? More pics of course!


alter-bridge-060
alter-bridge-058


Well that's it, hope you like the shots. Please leave some comments and let me know what you think. I can't wait to see Alter Bridge play again, and if their next UK tour is in arenas then I won't be at all surprised - that's where they deserve to be. Cheers for reading!


alter-bridge-051

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!!! THESE ARE FUCKIN GREAT!!!!

You are a wonderful photographer and with style!

LOVE your pics!!!!!!!

Hi from San Diego, CA!

Anonymous said...

yeah i also was at wolverhampton for alter bridge a truly awesome performance and as i'm an older guy, i've seen deep purple,bowie,alice cooper,lizzy,the doors--you get the idea,and alter bridge are up there with them.Myles Kennedy and Mark Tremonti are wonderfully talented guys and i can't wait to see them again.--bazza

Unknown said...

Really great pictures! Keep it up ;-)

I'm attending the Alter Bridge concert in Copenhagen, Denmark, on Monday the 17th of November. Never heard of Logan, but I'm listening to them right now.... Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. You are truly gifted & talented. I look forward to viewing more of your work. Thanks for sharing.

Business Quiz said...

Here is Neo Quiz Spot's new FB Page. We work towards knowledge transfer even to the underprivileged in India and other developing nations. Please support our cause by Joining our Facebook page Quiz on Facebook or our blog Business Quiz