Monday 1 September 2008

Back in the Saddle

It's been so long since I last updated this blog, that I've decided to give my whole site a makeover, and as such, the blog has started up again. This time around, instead of having lots of galleries for each band I shoot, there is a 'best of' gallery containing my favourite live images here, while I'll be using this blog page to keep you up to date with what I'm shooting and post some extra pictures on this page instead.

So, how have I spent my summer? Well, I've managed to do quite a bit really; I've covered a couple of gigs, shot some portraits for some friends, graduated from University, got engaged and broken into the postcard industry! Not bad really...here's some of my favourite images from the past few months.
Summer started for me with the Road to Download Tour at The Barfly, which featured Alesana, The Devil Wears Prada and A Day To Remember. The gig was excellent, and it was also my first working for Birmingham Live. You can read my review here. Anyway, here's one pic of each band:

thedevilwearsprada-055

alesana-057 adaytoremember-059

Soon after that, I was off to Cambridge for a couple of weeks to celebrate the end of University in style. While I was there, I went to a fancy 21st birthday meal for two friends...

kate-and-rich-meal-027


...and the even fancier May Ball...

pre-ball-031

As a birthday present for Kate + Richard (the two birthday birds for whom the fancy meal was laid on for), I offered to take some portraits of the two of them together. They agreed and I think were pretty pleased with the results - I certainly was!

kate-and-rich-081 kate-and-rich-002
kate-and-rich-075



As mentioned above, Ellie and I got engaged, which we are both very excited about, and we also both graduated. Naturally, my camera was present at both events.

ellie-graduation-086 graduation-038


After all that, it was a bit quiet, until I got some news that I have been waiting for since February. Thanks to Hedgerow Publishing I have been able to take my first steps into the postcard industry! My first card is going to be on sale in Sheffield for the next couple of months as a trail run, so if you're in the city centre please try and pick one up, because if it sells well then it will get a proper launch across their range. The image used is below, and should be available from Clinton's on Fargate, Millenium Galleries and Sheffield Scene.
station-hdr-colour-001
And so that brings us just about up to date, apart from my visit to the Birmingham Academy to photograph Serj Tankian of System of a Down fame with support from British trio Inme. Again, it was another highly enjoyable show, my review is here and there's a couple of pics below for you.

serj-006
serj-015inme-024
And with that you're up to speed. On reflection, not a bad summer, even if the weather has been shocking. I've got lots of stuff coming up over the next few months, and can't wait to get started on it!

No comments: