Monday 22 September 2008

Help For Heroes

On Saturday, I ventured down to Twickenham with Ellie and her family to watch the Help For Heroes charity rugby match - featuring an England XV captained by Laurence Dallaglio against an International XV captained by the legend that is Scott Gibbs. Given the unbelievably good weather I took my camera along, and managed to get a record of the day - my first visit to this stadium.


london-011
london-014london-020


We got there in plenty of time, and so had a wander round the outside of the stadium to see if anything was going on. Typically, on the way home the next day I found out that I'd missed the Sun Newspaper's stand - complete with Page 3 girls! Gutted, that WOULD have drawn plenty of hits to this page now wouldn't it?


london-019london-016
london-015


For some reason unknown to me, I wasn't allowed in here...maybe next time.


london-022


Now, I know this was a Help for Heroes match, but these heroes weren't exactly what I was expecting to see...


london-044
london-046london-024


The Army were kind enough to drop in before kick-off.


london-034london-018
london-026


Here's a shot of each team after the game, the England XV in black, Internationals in white. On the international pic, look out for Jonah Lomu in the background on the right wearing a white t-shirt - he was due to play but had to pull out with a foot injury.


london-053
london-055


Ellie and I then went into London afterwards to stay with a Uni friend, and we were greeted with quite an amazing sunset. These shots were just grabs - no filters and hardly anything done to them in Photoshop, but just look at those colours!


london-060
london-072


Only problem is now, Summer is offically over, despite the fact that it never actually started. Oh well, I'll to spend the long nights going to more gigs instead!

No comments: