Monday 22 September 2008

Getting Loaded with Duff McKagan

Of course, I didn't ACTUALLY get loaded with the legendary bass player from Velvet Revolver and Guns N Roses, no no no, thankfully he gave all that up. In fact, Duff's other band is called Loaded and I interviewed them on Friday last for the November issue of Powerplay Magazine. After the interview, whilst keeping the many, many Duff fans (and possible stalkers) at bay outside, I managed to grab this band shot.


london-009


I really like the shot, especially as my flashgun failed on me completely just as I tried to take the first shot! Friday was the second time I've interviewed Duff, and he remembered me this time around which was very cool considering how many journalists he must meet, and just the fact that he's Duff McKagan. Last time around I grabbed some portraits of him, my favourite being this one.


duff-007


All in all, another great experience for me, and the thought that one of lifelong musical heroes recognised me was pretty massive really! Now if only I could arrange a chat with a few more of them - anyone have the numbers for Messers Slash, Hetfield, Iommi, Cornell, Perry, Page??

No comments: