Thursday 23 October 2008

Chaos?...Tasty!

taste-of-chaos-271
taste-of-chaos-132taste-of-chaos-092


Tuesday night I was back down Dale End and the Birmingham Academy 2 to shoot the RockStar Taste of Chaos Tour both for Powerplay Magazine and for Birmingham Live. With their being six bands to fit in, it was a case of lots of short,sharp sets, which was great because no band was on stage long enough for you to get bored, and the bands really gave it their all. First up were Brits I Spy Strangers who did a good job of warming things up, and went down pretty well with the crowd.


taste-of-chaos-017taste-of-chaos-011
taste-of-chaos-002


Next up, the main reason I was interested in shooting this one, was the amazing HORSE the Band, who play Nintendocore - that's extreme metal with Nintendo style synth sounds mixed in - absolutely brilliant!


taste-of-chaos-041
taste-of-chaos-031taste-of-chaos-021


I'm not sure whether the crowd got HORSE exactly, but I thought that they were superb, and I met the singer afterwards and nearly got a hug he was so happy that I praised his band. Top bloke!


taste-of-chaos-024taste-of-chaos-018
taste-of-chaos-045


Thirdly, quirky Japanese outfit MUCC who were very popular with crowd and fellow photographers alike, I think mainly because of the fact that they are a Japanese outfit playing Western metal.


taste-of-chaos-097
taste-of-chaos-089taste-of-chaos-066


I didn't actually rate them to be honest, but they played well and got a massive cheer, which I guess is all that counts.


taste-of-chaos-095
taste-of-chaos-079


Fourth up, the bouncy, bouncy post-hardcore stylings of Story of the Year, who always put on a superb show.


taste-of-chaos-125
taste-of-chaos-102taste-of-chaos-109


Now, I said above that they are bouncy, and this next shot is proof of that.


taste-of-chaos-118taste-of-chaos-126
taste-of-chaos-121


Here's some more SOTY shots...


taste-of-chaos-136
taste-of-chaos-148taste-of-chaos-133


...and a few more, including this next one which I really like.


taste-of-chaos-127taste-of-chaos-116
taste-of-chaos-131


Last but one, As I Lay Dying, who play pretty straight-up metalcore, which is always good fun to watch.


taste-of-chaos-161
taste-of-chaos-152taste-of-chaos-177


I'd not seen AILD before, so it was good to finally see, and I've come away with some really pleasing shots. I especially like this next one.


taste-of-chaos-151taste-of-chaos-185
taste-of-chaos-194


This guitarist is probably number three on my hair idol list.


taste-of-chaos-163
taste-of-chaos-154taste-of-chaos-171


Here's a few more of AILD, including another airbourne singer.


taste-of-chaos-182taste-of-chaos-167
taste-of-chaos-204


Finally, it was down to Atreyu, another band that I don't really like on record but who I can't deny are an excellent live band. As with when I saw them last year, they put on a very good show.


taste-of-chaos-244
taste-of-chaos-241taste-of-chaos-274


I am really pleased with how some of these shots have turned out, why not leave me a comment let me know what you think of them?


taste-of-chaos-246taste-of-chaos-234
taste-of-chaos-280


The bass player gets a mention here because of his amazing facial hair. Check it out!


taste-of-chaos-223
taste-of-chaos-218taste-of-chaos-225


Here's a few more of the headliners.


taste-of-chaos-242
taste-of-chaos-228
taste-of-chaos-282


So there you have it, lots of fun, and lots more great shots for my portfolio. And just in case you were wondering where you should go for all your live review needs, just follow the example of HORSE the Band...


taste-of-chaos-047

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey great pix! :D
especially from MUCC ;)

<3 shia

(sushihase on myspace)

Anonymous said...

Hi ^^
I love your pics , especially the ones with mucc ;>
But now i'm wondering, could I have one or two pics? I need some for an article i'm writing for the school paper, and i sadly didn't get any pics when I saw them in sweden >_<

So plz can I get one or two? (a)
You can answer on my blogg (: