Monday 13 October 2008

Child's Play

blog090


For a while now, I've wanted to have a go at taking some lifestyle portraits, and last weekend I finally got the chance with two sessions in one day. First up, my first baby session, with the six-month old daughter of one of my neighbours. Here's some of the best shots from the shoot.


blog089blog088
blog093


The shoot was great fun, and my model seemed to enjoy herself as well. Such a refreshing change from all those grumpy rock stars that I'm usually taking photos of, and much cuter too!


blog084
blog095blog091


These next two are my absolute favourites from the entire session - such brilliant expressions for someone so young.


blog097blog085
blog083


We also got Mum and Dad involved as well.


blog099
blog102blog103


Thanks for making my first baby shoot such good fun guys!


blog092


After that, it was off to the park wihtout even stopping for lunch, to go and shoot some outdoor pictures with the two sons of another family friend. Again, I was really pleased with the results.


blog024


We had a fun filled hour climbing trees, sitting on fences, running down hills and the like, and again my two models were brilliant - thanks guys! These next two are definitely favourites.


blog016blog008
blog002


I have to say that I was very lucky with the weather, as the forecast had been pretty grim. However, the experts were wrong, and for once I didn't mind in the slightest. Here's some more shots.


blog004
blog011blog017


These next couple sections are grouped by brother, just to give an idea of what sort of range of shots I managed to capture.


blog009blog003
blog022


And here's three of my other excellent model.


blog014
blog006blog013


Told you there was tree climbing involved...


blog012blog001
blog021


That last one there being a great example of the Urban "therefore no smile needed" Look! If you like these images and would like me to take some shots of your kids/siblings/nephews/nieces/grandkids or even just of yourselves, then please get in touch via the contact form on my website and we'll sort something out. Thanks again to all of my models from the weekend, I hope you had a bit of fun and like the finished pictures!


blog010
blog018

No comments: