Monday 20 October 2008

Thnks fr th Pcs - Fall Out Boy in Birmingham

fall-out-boy-015
fall-out-boy-033fall-out-boy-090


I was lucky enough to be at the LG Arena (the NEC to you and me) last night to shoot the mega pop-rock-emo group Fall Out Boy for Powerplay Magazine. I don't think I've ever experienced quite so many girls screaming at a gig before, or seen so many drunk young ladies in one room either, but it was all good fun and, most importantly, the band put on a great show.


fall-out-boy-085fall-out-boy-039
fall-out-boy-092


Now, I may be too old to have gotten into the whole emo scene, but I'm not completely out of touch; I know most of you are here hoping to see pictures of FOB bassist and mainman Pete Wentz. So, just for you, here's a little section dedicated entirely to the poster boy of modern rock music, enjoy.


fall-out-boy-078
fall-out-boy-028fall-out-boy-054


OK ladies, tongues back in your mouths please, there's more to come! No matter how gorgeous you may think Mr Wentz is, FOB wouldn't be where they are today wihtout having written some good songs, and that is down to singer-guitarist and chief song writer Patrick Stump. I really admire some of his vocal melodies, and his live voice is excellent. he doesn't get enough bigging up, so here's a few pics of the man, and no-one else.


fall-out-boy-052fall-out-boy-058
fall-out-boy-034


The band is completed by the highly impressive Andy Hurley on drums, and guitarist Joe Troham - who is second in my own personal list of hair idols, being beaten only by John Fred of Black Stone Cherry.


fall-out-boy-080
fall-out-boy-046fall-out-boy-081


Good lord, you poor things, you've had to look at SIX pictures that haven't featured Pete in any way shape or form...blimey, you'd better have another Pete section before a panic ensues! Just a quick note of interest, the picture where he's spitting water, most of that landed on me, but don't go getting jealous, it wasn't particularly nice!


fall-out-boy-031fall-out-boy-035
fall-out-boy-008


Here's some more shots of the other members of the band - you know, the one's who aren't every emo girl's fantasy date!


fall-out-boy-027
fall-out-boy-088fall-out-boy-073


The lighting was so much better than my only other time shooting at the NEC, sorry LG, Arena. That time, for Machine Head last November, I only ended up keeping about 10 shots, and none of those were particularly great. Not so for FOB though, I'm really pleased with all of these ones that I've blogged.


fall-out-boy-066fall-out-boy-022
fall-out-boy-089


Because I'm so nice, here's one final section dedicated to Mr Wentz...


fall-out-boy-037
fall-out-boy-012fall-out-boy-041


I readily admit that FOB have been something of guilty pleasure for me for a while now, so it was pretty cool to shoot them, and as ever, it's great to have such a well known name in my portfolio.


fall-out-boy-002
fall-out-boy-024fall-out-boy-075


Another highly enjoyable show, with some great images to take away from it. I've got a busy one this week with three gigs in three days to shoot, so keep checking back here as they'll be plenty of updates!


fall-out-boy-016

6 comments:

STEVE GERRARD said...

Great photos from one of the dullest concerts I have ever been to!

Anonymous said...

Pffft. You really think people are into Pete? Dude, you have got it so wrong.

The little kids are into Pete - almost all of the fans over the age of fourteen are obsessed with Patrick.

Anonymous said...

Wrong, as Dave well knows I'm 21 and 'into' pete.

Anonymous said...

I was at the gig and I must say, the sound was a little dull/flat in some parts, but then that's pretty much always been the case with larger venues. Give me the Civic or Wulfrun anyday! Mind you the Astoria pretty amazing too!

I did however, thoroughly enjoy the gig and I am not a Pete Wentz fan. Andy Hurley is just amazing; reminds me of Animal from the Muppets and Joe Trohman is just the most wonderful lunatic on stage.

What a great gig. Danced all night even though we were standing right at the back. We had a great view though.

Great pics Dave especially the ones of Andy and Joe!

Anonymous said...

Ellie: the word 'almost' means nothing to you, I take it?

Anonymous said...

Hey, just found your blog. Cool photos. I suppose I ought to get a blogspot blog - I prefer livejournal (http://www.livejournal.com/users/blackvelvetmag) though.